Encipher’s Strategy and Innovation Manager, Saheed Adepoju explains that the choice of an Igala word in naming their Tablet is based on their localization efforts.
You may recall that Encipher recently announced a major partnership deal with ALT-I, the agency responsible for the localization of the Yoruba language within Windows vista OS and Office suites.
It further makes sense that one of Encipher’s co-founders is Igala by origin.
The Encipher ‘inye’ logo (above) was designed by Urbannet Fibre, a graphic and web design outfit based in Abuja. Encipher has also launched its new website (yet to be officially unveiled), but yet to upload content.
Meanwhile, the iPad has already sold 3 million units and counting.
Related Posts via Categories
- TechLoy Mobile On A Samsung Galaxy Note [PIC]
- Will Omatek Produce Low-Cost Solar-Powered Tablets?
- CONFIRMED: INYE 2 To Be Unveiled At Google Nigeria Day
- Exclusive: Here’s What Inye 2 Will Look Like. Slim. Sleek. Sexy [PHOTO]
- The TechLoy Survey Results Are Out! See The Winning Responses:)
- Inye 2 Is Likely Coming This March. And Here’s What To Expect From The Tablet
- The Encipher Inye Tablet Review by TechLoy
- Take The TechLoy Survey! You Might Win An Encipher Tablet :-)
- Encipher in Talks With Opera And Other Content Providers
- Who Will Win ‘Best Use of Technology’ At The Future Awards 2011?
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- More sources say Intel Atom to power Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3
- Who needs investors! Why many startups should bootstrap instead
- It’s a trap! Publishers crave an alternative to Google’s adtech “Death Star”
- How to create your own audiobooks
- Vine, hip-hop and the future of video sharing: old rap songs and new copyright rules
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- Will The Xbox One Rule The Living Room? Price Will Determine The Size Of Its Kingdom
- What Games Are: Xbox One Is Microsoft's Spruce Goose
- Gillmor Gang: Parlor Games & Metaphones
- Reminder: Google Buzz Is Still Dead, Your Data Will Be Moved To Drive, And They Thank You For Using It
- The New "Handmade" (Part Two)
- The truth about being acquired
- eBay asks users to petition US House of Representatives over “unfair” Internet sales tax legislation
- Simplify your responsive design workflow with Screensiz.es, a database of mobile and desktop specs
- 11 tips for developing a mobile app that users will love
- UK TV legend Maggie Philbin on why we should all do more to tempt teens into a career in tech
- Why due diligence matters in equity crowdfunding
- DHS warns of vulnerability exposing employee social security numbers
- Peter Thiel’s venture firm to invest in space (exclusive)
- Yahoo continues spending spree by jumping into the bidding fray over Hulu
- Google and Microsoft agree to play nicely on a new YouTube Windows Phone app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube