I’ve been working on a post about Nigeria’s dot-gone startups for a while now and suddenly noticed that Gistcaster.com, one of Nigeria’s web startups to watch is looking like a dot-gone.
Before now, Gistcaster was a social messenger that helps you to share and discover what’s happening right now around you. It also has a mobile version that lets you share and discover wetin dey happen right now, around you.
Update 1 (7:40am GMT +1): The site is now back up. Thank God, it’s not a dot-gone:-) Still waiting for @amorebise to respond.
Now, it seems that their account has been suspended for whatever reason, I’m not sure. At the time of writing this, the page shows “Account Suspended”, while there’s no comment yet from the founder, Ademola Morebise. (I popped him an email this morning and still awaiting his response).
Update 2 (8:02am GMT +1): Gistcaster’s founder has responded to my email. I’ve copied and pasted his response below:
Gistcaster continued its slow and steady growth, exceeding the allocated bandwidth on its current shared hosting. I saw this coming, just didnt know it would be this soon, I’ve sent some mails out to solicit for more bandwidth till next month, it will also enable me conclude plans for the dedicated server I’m migrating to.
Update 3: (11:40am GMT+) Gistcaster posted this on their website:
We would like to apologise to our esteemed users for the downtime Gistcaster experienced this morning. We’ll continue to work on Stability, thanks for keeping faith with us.
Could it be that Gistcaster.com’s hosting has expired? Did they breach some terms and conditions? Will this affect the database? How long will this take before we start gisting again?
Is Gistcaster.com a dot-gone?
Related Posts via Categories
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- Njorku.com Launches in Public Beta, Goes Mobile
- Get Startupised on TechLoy.com!
- Tim Draper Invests in Nigeria’s Mobile Payment Service, Paga
- Confirmed: Yarnable Has Been Acquired By MobiQube
- Njorku, Africa’s 1st Job Search Engine [Exclusive Screenshots]
- Jekajo.com – Discover and Share Nigerian Music
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Njorku, An Africa-wide Job Search Engine Launching Soon
- BellaNaija.com Gets Mobile-Friendly
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Nike has reportedly fired most of its FuelBand team and is getting out of the hardware business
- Turn your Instagrams into a business: Snapwire, a new mobile stock photo website, opens to public
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches despite bad weather
- Welcome to the spectrum-dome: FCC lays groundwork for its controversial incentive auction
- This week in bitcoin: Another creator, another MtGox failure
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Counterforce Protests Tech Using Tech
- White House Declines To Deport Bieber, Pivots To Immigration Reform In Its Official Response
- 214 Technologies Is Crowdfunding A Smart Doorbell Called Chui
- Ask A VC: Next World Capital’s Ben Fu On Engineer Recruiting Challenges
- CrunchWeek: Airbnb’s $500M Funding, Twitter Gobbles Up Gnip, Instagram’s Swapped Username Scandal
- Journey through the colossal ice castles of the American Southwest
- Leave work at work: How to properly end your day
- Watch: Amazing drone footage of a Space X reusable rocket’s first test flight
- Facebook’s Paper for iOS updated with birthdays, events, photo comments, group updates, and more
- Simple is as simple does: The downsides of avoiding complexity
- Microsoft drops $1.1B to grow its data center footprint in Iowa
- Goodbye, FuelBand: Nike reportedly fired dozens of its wearables experts
- Preact raises $4.6M, launches ‘customer success’ service
- Software is eating the world, and venture capital is feasting on older software
- How negative comments can boost sales 40% — under the right conditions
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube