ICT4D Skype Chat: Nigerian Internet Business Opportunities
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos, Nigeria Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- 3 Ideas That Might Get Seed Funding At Social Innovation Camp
- Zenith Bank Now on Twitter!
- How to Build your Brand via Marketing 2.0 Tools
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Is Netcom The Best ISP in Nigeria? [PHOTO]
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- How to build your brand with visual storytelling
- Researchers create a more accurate alternative to Wi-Fi for tracking people through walls
- Yahoo’s webmail outage continues to frustrate users
- New vision algorithm will label you ‘goth,’ try to sell you black makeup
- If you’re anything like my wife, you’ll love Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
- Fish rabbit car park: Dubious Mandela memorial signer has a Twitter account
- 10 big tech trends for 2014 and how to use them in your marketing strategy
- Amazon Prime Air: just another pipe dream or technological breakthrough?
- Carmine Gallo’s 3 unbreakable laws of communication [#LeWeb]
- The future of innovation is disruption says Brian Solis [#LeWeb]
- Shopify Raises $100M To Drop The ‘E’ And Become The Commerce Company That Spans On- And Offline
- NSA Reportedly Uses Google Cookies To Target Suspects
- Web Video Startup Ooyala Raises $43 Million From Telstra
- A Merger In Gaming Services: Playhaven, Kontagent Combine In An All-Stock Deal Worth “Hundreds of Millions”
- Uber Offering Lyft Drivers Free $50 In Gas, Signing Perks To Switch Teams
- Facebook to join the S&P 100 and S&P 500 indices on December 20
- Google updates its Keep Web app with new design, option to rearrange lists, better search, and a navigation drawer
- Square opens up its Connect API to let merchants create custom solutions with their data
- Google launches 2D physics library LiquidFun, Google Play games plugin for Unity, and new game categories
- Gmail for Android gets a vacation responder, attachment support for all file types, and printing on KitKat
- Why Palantir nearly doubled its new funding round with $107M raise
- Accused revenge porn site owner arrested and charged with 31 felony counts
- The one feature Snapchat needs to add — and it won’t take $50 million
- Google Ventures helps pour $1.2M into smart kitchen company The Orange Chef
- Infamous brogrammer Pax Dickinson changes his tune, apologizes, agrees to work for ‘Ladyboss’
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube