A couple of weeks ago, I posted a lovely photo on Facebook with the caption: Introducing iWife! As expected, the feedback was huge. Apparently, I didn’t expect anything less.
- I had not made such an announcement before especially on a public domain.
- It was about the same period Steve Jobs announced the launch of the iPad.
- The photo was that of a charming looking and extremely gorgeous lady:)
Interestingly, I had mentioned to a few colleagues and business partners that I was launching a new startup. No doubt, they thought I meant a business venture or startup:-P
So on that fateful day, I released a snapshot of my “new startup”, which I had been nurturing for the last 18 months or so. Oh, I’m guessing what you’re probably thinking: “Loy is a secretive serial entrepreneur”.
Well, that’s better than being a “secretive serial womanpreneur” like Tiger Woods. No pun intended.
iRach is a unique software app that lets you harness your personality & communication skills and provides a collaborative environment that allows you to share new and exciting experiences with friends and family. iRach has an in-built API that allows ONLY one developer (me) to build apps. (I’ll explain later..hehe).
An idea conceived almost three decades ago, in a small town in Lagos mainland, iRach has gone through several stages of development and has received a few rounds of funding. Disclosure: I started investing in iRach since August 2008 and have been nurturing the “startup” since then.
In December 2008, the project was approved by key “stakeholders”, and we moved to the next phase of discussions. By July 2009, I moved into a new “office space” located in the Lekki Peninsula, where I set up a lab and garage for the project. At the time, I was nurturing iRach from an “incubator” located somewhere in the Lagos mainland.
After about 6 months, iRach was launched in beta version in Ikoyi, Lagos. Then, after about 4 weeks of beta testing, iRach was unveiled at the lovely Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos on February 13, 2010 at 1pm. The event was attended by family & friends as well as colleagues and well wishers.
It was a plum wedding!
As expected, I moved iRach into our new “office space” after a brief stint in space – honeymooning or cloud computing, if you like. Since then, my new startup has been quite worthwhile.
Oh and by the way, on the API note, I’m yet to write the codes for an app – iBaby, if you like. When I do, I’ll endeavour to write about it here. I’ve even fantasized what, who or how the new app will look like.
It’ll also be interesting to know what name to call it.
iLoy? iJoy? iBoy? iToy? iRoy?
Well, until then…
Related Posts via Categories
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- Njorku.com Launches in Public Beta, Goes Mobile
- Get Startupised on TechLoy.com!
- Tim Draper Invests in Nigeria’s Mobile Payment Service, Paga
- Confirmed: Yarnable Has Been Acquired By MobiQube
- Njorku, Africa’s 1st Job Search Engine [Exclusive Screenshots]
- Jekajo.com – Discover and Share Nigerian Music
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Njorku, An Africa-wide Job Search Engine Launching Soon
- BellaNaija.com Gets Mobile-Friendly
- Labstyle ships app-connected Dario for diabetics, claiming it to be the most pocket-friendly glucose meter
- Watch this: Google Glass shows trailers when you look at a movie poster
- Apple reportedly increases discounts for its secret loyalty program
- Google takes its cloud on the road
- Get moving Android users: Jawbone UP24 now works with your phone
- New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- A Very Flappy Crowdtilted Journalism Experiment
- SigFig Hires Financial Engines Exec Steve Lifgren To Build Out Its Operations Team
- Watch An Industrial Robot Nearly Beat A Professional Ping Pong Player At His Own Game – Sort Of
- 23andMe Founder Discusses The Promises And Perils Of Genetic Information
- Jawbone finally gives its UP24 activity-tracker some Android loving
- Google Fiber offered to 158 new ‘Fiberhoods’ in Kansas City, Grandview, Raytown and Gladstone
- The BBC launches an all-new redesigned responsive iPlayer, now features ‘Collections’ of programmes
- Google faces lawsuit filed by US parents over in-app purchases by kids
- WhatsApp for Android gets new privacy settings and lets you pay for a friend’s subscription
- DataRPM gets $5.1M to turbocharge company data queries
- Obama outwits Zach Galifianakis on his own show
- INTANGIBLE Investments Selects iLEVEL to Monitor Portfolio Performance
- Yesware now lets salespeople track whether their attachments are getting opened
- Metamorphic Ventures raises near-$70M fund, adds Google, Yahoo execs to board
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube