Jobberman.com – Most Intuitive Job Search Portal in Nigeria
When you are talking about Web 2.0 and social media solutions to searching and finding jobs in Nigeria, Jobberman.com is the place to go to. Launched in August 2009, Jobberman.com is a job search and career development web site that provides next-generation recruitment solutions in Nigeria.
As one of the fastest growing online career portals in Nigeria, Jobberman places a high premium on job search that is relevant and up-to-the-minute. Obviously, the job market in Nigeria is growing which makes the job search industry very exciting and potentially lucrative. Interestingly, Jobberman hopes to be the ‘go-to’ company for the industry.
Jobberman.com is probably the most intuitive job search engine in Nigeria and integrates the best of web 2.0 applications and social media tools in finding the right talents and jobs easily and at the most competitive rates.
And talking about competition in the online job search market, here’s what Ayodeji Adewunmi, co-founder of Jobberman.com said:
The competition makes it interesting, makes it fun, keeps the juices flowing, and it helps us to raise the bar. Keeping up with the joneses is quite tricky, so we had rather stay ahead. One of my corollaries in business is that it’s good to have a lot of competitors because educating a market is a very expansive proposition.
Interestingly, from my recent discussions with Adewunmi, he believes that Jobberman.com could out-job sites such as CareersNigeria.com launched in 2007 which have seen relative success in the industry. Disclosure: I helped to start-up CareersNigeria.com in 2007.
Jobberman.com also has a smart business model which includes Advertising (premium ad sales, ad network), Licensing (building SaaS portal for corporations) and Subscriptions (premium services for users like resume services, interview mockups, distribution of resumes to headhunting agencies, etc) These revenue models would be launched next year.
With almost 2000 jobs and over 500 companies listed on the Jobberman.com web site, just within 3 months of launch, the site is one of the job portals to watch in the African space.
The site currently has over 6000 unique visitors and over 50, 000 page views. Jobberman is co-founded by Ayodeji Adewunmi, Opeyemi Awoyemi, Olalekan Olude and Faisal Chohan (a TED Fellow).
Related Posts via Categories
- Facebook is Hiring: Growth Manager in Lagos, Nigeria
- Google’s CEO, Eric Schmidt Funded Identified.com, A Startup By Nigerian Founders
- Jobberman Launches Mobile Version
- Why I’m (IR)Relevant!
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- Njorku.com Launches in Public Beta, Goes Mobile
- Jonathan To Broadcast Diasporan Campaign on Ustream
- Njorku, Africa’s 1st Job Search Engine [Exclusive Screenshots]
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Report: Google wants to connect the developing world with wireless
- VMware’s revolving door keeps on spinning
- Australian researchers get closer to scalable quantum computing
- Steering clear of the iceberg: three ways we can fix the data-credibilty crisis in science
- Report: Better Place to file for bankruptcy
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- The First Six Months Developing For The Computer On My Face
- 50M Matches Strong, Hot Mobile Dating App Tinder Is Ready To Go Global, And Move Beyond Flirting
- Google Now's “Topics” Page Returns And Shows You How Much Google Knows About You, But It Only Works On Android
- Ask A VC: Index Ventures' Danny Rimer On The Future Of Ecommerce And More
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- More than a year after its shutdown, Google to move all Buzz posts to its Drive service on July 17
- Creative blogging platform Jux to close August 31, cites growth as not being “large or fast enough”
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- Why due diligence matters in equity crowdfunding
- DHS warns of vulnerability exposing employee social security numbers
- Peter Thiel’s venture firm to invest in space (exclusive)
- Yahoo continues spending spree by jumping into the bidding fray over Hulu
- Google and Microsoft agree to play nicely on a new YouTube Windows Phone app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube