In order to succeed in the ‘Buzz Industry’ – now by that I mean, the social media business – it is necessary that you find smart and easy ways to market that buzz offline, otherwise how can you grab audiences that don’t know what the heck is ‘Social Media’ or ‘Web 2.0′?
Since you can not start a social media school or take them tutorials on social media, here are some tips that will definitely help you become successful with an offline market.
Use Words of Mouth
You know how gossip spreads like wild fire? That’s exactly how gossip about your social media business can spread like a virus. Tell your friends, family members, neighbors, classmates, workmates and anyone you find about your business and the products and services that you offer. Trust me, they will tell other people, who will also tell others…tell others…tell others… That way, you are likely to have infected as many people as possible with your business.
Here, I mean communities such as your school, church, clubs, associations, etc The idea is to reach out to the members of these communities that may need your services. Quick phone calls, brief presentations, or even lunch with these people could simply do the magic.
Use Traditional Media
Your local newspaper can just be what your business needs to get widely known offline. You may contact a friend who works with any of your local print media and get him/her to write about your business. You can also get yourself an interview with the newspaper. Thus, more and more people offline will get to know your brand when they read these papers.
Use Advertising Tools
By this I mean, engage in some advertising and promotional efforts to promote your business. You can use tee-shirts, face caps, etc to market your brand. That way, you can get people offline to engage with your products and services online.
Are there any other offline marketing strategies you have used for your business? How have they worked for you?
Image via: SearchEngineWatch.com
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Zuckerberg to Startups: You don’t have to move to Silicon Valley
- Manchester United to launch social network for its 500 million fans?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- Omotola vs Jonathan: The Race For 1 Million Facebook Fans
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- President Jonathan May Be ‘Liked’ On Facebook, But May Be ‘Unliked’ On Votebook
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Labstyle ships app-connected Dario for diabetics, claiming it to be the most pocket-friendly glucose meter
- Watch this: Google Glass shows trailers when you look at a movie poster
- Apple reportedly increases discounts for its secret loyalty program
- Google takes its cloud on the road
- Get moving Android users: Jawbone UP24 now works with your phone
- CityMaps2Go Maker Ulmon Gets Its First Investment, A Seed Round From Global Founders Capital
- The Secret Bubble
- TeselaGen Is Building A Platform For Rapid Prototyping in Synthetic Biology
- Apple Continues Pursuit Of IT And Education With Improvements To Its ‘Secret’ Loyalty Pricing
- Microsoft’s Power Cover Debuts As Rumors Of The LTE-Powered Surface 2 Landing In Stores Abound
- Jawbone finally gives its UP24 activity-tracker some Android loving
- Google Fiber offered to 158 new ‘Fiberhoods’ in Kansas City, Grandview, Raytown and Gladstone
- The BBC launches an all-new redesigned responsive iPlayer, now features ‘Collections’ of programmes
- Google faces lawsuit filed by US parents over in-app purchases by kids
- WhatsApp for Android gets new privacy settings and lets you pay for a friend’s subscription
- DataRPM gets $5.1M to turbocharge company data queries
- Obama outwits Zach Galifianakis on his own show
- INTANGIBLE Investments Selects iLEVEL to Monitor Portfolio Performance
- Yesware now lets salespeople track whether their attachments are getting opened
- Metamorphic Ventures raises near-$70M fund, adds Google, Yahoo execs to board
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube